are a whole food diet which means that they can be consumed at any time of day and substitute any meal in a healthy way. They contain less calories and less artificial sugars which are the major enemies of weight loss. The best part of the smoothie diet is that the ingredients are easily available to everyone and can be grown right in your garden too. It also takes less time to prepare a smoothie meal compared to a cooked meal.
Every dieter’s struggle is hunger pangs that come as a result of limited and unevenly portioned meals which leads to binging and overeating hence piling back the lost water weight and a few more pounds as a result. Smoothie diets unlike other diets see to it that you’re body stays nourished by receiving all the nutrients needed and that the tummy stays fuller for longer. Smoothies also help to maintain a blood sugar balance that keeps hunger away. The secret to success of smoothie diets is finding the tastiest, most nutritious and filling ingredients.
Breakfast remains the most important meal of the day. In this case, you need the right smoothie to kick start your metabolism for calories burning through out the day and also to nourish your body. The right smoothie for this specific part of day should include fruits, whey protein or soy and yoghurt. These ingredients help to kick start the day by increasing the calorie burning power. The perfect combination of fats, fiber and protein will help the dieter fight off the hunger pangs too. This way, one stays full all through the morning period until lunch time. Less eating means less calories.
The longer one continues with the smoothie diet, the more the body becomes accustomed to it. Gradually, the dieter’s body will learn to stay satisfied with the smoothies and require no extra food to keep it going. At this stage, you can choose to introduce new ingredients to the recipes.
For Breakfast:- In a blender, add
- One frozen banana
- One tablespoonful of whey protein powder
- 8 ounces of plain yoghurt
- A handful of strawberries
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 6 ice cubes
- Puree these ingredients and drink. Some people like their smoothies chunky while others like them smooth. Whichever your preference, the nutrients remain the same.
Mid- Morning Snack
- Choose one type of fruit, for instance; mangoes, oranges, passion fruits then blend. Drink one small sized glass of the juice.
- For this midday meal, make another wholesome smoothie and drink up.
Mid- Afternoon snack
- At this time, you are bound to feel hungry regardless of whether you are at work or at home. Make another serving of fruit juice and sip gradually. You can choose to go for a different type of fruit from what you chose for the midday snack.
- At this stage, one is at liberty to go for a whole meal of their choice with calories consideration of course. Always remember that the human body needs less energy at night so one should choose a low carbohydrate kind of meal. Therefore, go for sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. Dinner should also include lean fats and whole proteins. However, one has the freedom to replace the whole food dinner for a smoothie too. This would mean extra weight loss and reduced calories.