When we were young, we complained about our teeth. We asked for our mother’s help and cried, “Mom, my teeth hurt.” But as we grow older, we now know how to take care of our teeth. But we cannot escape toothache. This article will give the reasons why we get toothache and what home remedies you should try for your aching tooth.
What Is a Toothache?
Toothache means pain around your jaws or teeth. The pain will vary depending on how serious your cavity is. And the pain gets aggravated as you chew your food or drink hot or cold beverages.
Causes of Toothache
There are lots of reasons why we often cry “my teeth hurt” even if we are already old. One of the main causes is when the root of the tooth is irritated. This happens when you drunk cold or hot beverage.
Another reason is dental cavities. Dental cavities are bacteria found in your mouth. It is caused by food particles that are stuck between your teeth. If you left these food particles, it will cause holes that could also lead to toothache.
If these causes are left untreated, it will lead to a serious problem. This is the main reason why dentists always remind us to brush our teeth after meal as it can reduce the cause of toothache.
Remedies for Toothache
If you already have it and you don’t want to go to the dentist yet, there are some home remedies that are highly effective in reducing the pain. Some of the home remedies that you may try are as follows:
- Asefetida- It is a mixture of paste and lemon juice. It is a quick method to relieve pain and is also the best home remedy for toothache. Dab the cotton swab in the mixture and apply it on the affected area.
- Pepper and Clove Oil- Another remedy that you may try is a mixture of pepper and clove oil. Mix the oil with a pinch of pepper. Put the solution on the cavity to stop the pain.
- Garlic- Garlic is one of the most common and effective ways for toothache. Put the garlic with rock salt on the part where the aching sensation is located. You may also chew in the morning to cure the affected area.
- Vanilla Extract- You may think that sweet food can worsen your toothache. But there is one sweetener that can actually relieves you from pain. That sweetener is vanilla extract. Drop an extract on the infected tooth to minimize the pain caused by toothache.
- Bay Berry and Vinegar- The combination of these two can actually you to ease the pain. It can also help to strengthen your gums. Make a paste by mixing the bark of the bay berry with vinegar. Apply it on the affected tooth until it is completely healed.
With these remedies, you don’t need to say “my teeth hurt”. You will also be able to save your money for other purposes since you don’t have to go to the dentist to have a checkup.